Los Altos Hills Town Council unanimously approved a horse crosswalk and signs on Purissima Road last year and the new crosswalk with signs is now on Purissima Road right across the street from the Town Arena and the path that goes behind the baseball diamonds.
LAHHA is working with the Kiwanis Club to get horses back into the Los Altos Pet Parade in 2015.
- April 19th - Trial ride from the Arena to Rosatti's. Meet at 11:00 AM at the Town Arena.
- April 26th - Table at Earth Day at Westwind Barn,
- May 3rd - Playday at the Town Arena - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- MaY 16th - Los Altos Pet Parade - LAHHA members only.
- June 7th - Town Picnic, come help with the pony rides for the Town's children.
- July 26th - Schooling Show at the Town Arena - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- August 29th - Trail ride, meet at the Town Arena at 11:00 AM at the Town Arena.
- Sept. 18-20th Annual LAHHA Jack Brooks Horse Camping This fabulous opportunity to camp and ride in the local mountains is for members, only, and space is limited. Call Mike to sign up: 650.917.1975
Los Altos Hills Horsemen's Association (LAHHA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to keeping good horsemanship available in our community. Through a variety of events and a common interest in horses and equestrian activities, we strive to preserve and enhance the extensive horse friendly resources of our Town, which include the wonderful Pathways System and a Town Arena on Purissima Road. Our activities bring horse lovers together to share their knowledge, experience, and enjoyment of horses in our lives.
In its 1971 Articles of Incorporation, the purpose of the association was defined as "the promotion, sponsorship, and cultivaton of the use, ownership, and care of horses for horsemen in the Town of Los Altos Hills and neighboring communities." We proudly continue that mandate.
LAHHA members include people of all ages and walks of life whether they own horses or just enjoy knowing that horses are part of our community. What unites our membership is our passion and respect for horses and the common commitment for their continuing presence. We also share information that contributes to the welfare of these magnificent animals that grace our lives and the Hills.
Many of our members also belong and contribute to local and national organizations as part of our outreach program to horse-related clubs, trail riding groups, horse sanctuaries, and equine therapy programs. We are grateful for the ongoing support of our Town, as well.
Beyond planning and hosting PlayDays, Schooling Shows, and clinics, members gather for trail rides, near and far. Other activites include riding in the Los Altos Pet Parade, potluck dinners, workdays to spruce up the arena property, barbeques, an annual camping trip with the horses, barn tours, and holiday caroling.
Have we 'roped you in', yet? New members are certainly welcome! (See the Membership tab on the left side of this home page and above.)
Bring your enthusiasm and suggestions to board meetings, which are posted in the calendar section.